Fisher Girl Productions

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Technology

Times they are a changin' ...... back in the day, meaning when I was a young pup, my friends and I used to sit in church and pass notes on paper while we were supposed to be taking sermon notes and paying attention to the message. Quite the Pastor in the making I was huh?

Enter technology ........ last Sunday our son Adam and his buddy aka: the Pastor's son decided it would be cool to send each other somewhere around 47 text messages with their cell phones while pretending to pay attention.

When Adam was questioned of course the number he sent was down to three text messages .... silly, silly boys. The proof is on the cell phones. That can be the beauty of technology.

This past weekend, I spent an overnight with our UMYs Design Team preparing for our March event. When filming our "Rules" video, we decided we may need to emphasize the point of "please do not have cell phones at all in worship" for this very reason.

I guess the guys took being "Connectional people" as we United Methodist are to the extreme seeings how they were sitting right next to each other. Silly, silly boys.

I'm escaping today ..... off to putz around in some Thrift Stores before tackling my paperwork and phone calls the rest of the week. I'll have my cell phone along .... please do not call or text me today ........ just kidding. Only if you need to.

Happy Valentine's Day!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home