Fisher Girl Productions

Friday, November 25, 2005

Thankful Blessings

I am off to make homemade carmels today. My Aunt Barbie and cousin Luana got a wild hair to try this little adventure, could be very interesting. None of us have ever made homemade carmels before so I am envisioning carmel in my hair. I may be wrong and I will let you know just how it goes and how they turn out.

Following the carmel experiment, and a quick shower to get all the carmel out of my anticipated hair, we plan on eating some red meat and attending a Pixar movie "Chicken Little" at the infamous Palace Theater in Luverne. Last year, we went to the Pixar movie "The Incredibles" so it seems as if this is a new tradition ..... right besides the carmel making.

Another Thanksgiving weekend tradition is the "hanging of Barbie's lights". Some former neighbors come to help as well as Luana and I. Along with the lights, we set up several wire Christmas Trees wrapped in lights on the lawn. Now, according to the neighbors, there is a right way and a wrong way in this process. I usually try the wrong way and have been given the job of holding the twisty ties instead. I am trying to talk Barbie into becoming a "Redneck Woman" because as the song goes ..... "they leave their Christmas lights on the front porch all year long" .... think it will work?? Doubtful.

At any rate, this weekend I get to spend time with my family. Given the fact that I have been on the road for youth related stuff every weekend this month, I am thankful for this time, even if it involves carmel in my hair and frozen fingers while hanging lights. The opportunity to be together and enjoy the simple things is priceless.

Wishing you thankful blessings today and everyday~

Lori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home