Fisher Girl Productions

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

the aroma of knowledge

There is something about being on a college campus that is just nice. You can almost smell learning in the air. Today I had to validate my class at USF so I went early this afternoon. I am taking a "Foods and Culture" class on Tuesday nights. I needed 2 elective credits and this class is a 3 credit class, never hurts to have a spare credit I guess. Too bad I can't apply it to the Math class from hell that I have left in order to graduate.

I ran all over campus this afternoon for this one class. First to the registars office, on to the student services for a new ID and decided to keep my old picture (it makes me look younger), then on to the library to activate my ID and check my "Cougar Paw" as to where my class would be located tonight, turns out .... I need a new computer password as mine expired. Hoofed on over to the Science building to discover the computer boys are on break, so I wait ... they come back and fix me up .... I head back to the library and get online. Find out where my class is. Head to the bookstore (which has moved and no one told me) .... at this point I am feeling like a freshman and really old all at the same time. Turns out I don't have to buy books for this class ..... sweet! One plus!

Get to class at 6:30pm ...... looks like we get to eat every class session! and cook sometimes too! Tonight was taste testing milk (nothing like milk shots) and playing with fire ..... we heated up "Creme Brulas" .... spelling is wrong but it is a very snazzy and yummy pudding custard thing. The propane torch was fun too, good thing we didn't set the sprinklers off. We were a bit concerned.

Anyway ...... ez class, 3 more credits, only 1 night out of my schedule, get to eat ..... all for the grand price of $850 plus gas at $3.09 ..... oh, the aroma of learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home