Fisher Girl Productions

Thursday, September 15, 2005

There Is Funny, And Then There Is FUNNY!

Sometimes I can just amaze myself at the dumb things I do. Here is the latest. As YIAT Coordinator, every once in awhile I send one of our youth a little encouragement note via snail mail. Snail mail is fun and in the day of technology it can be rare.

So, after TYL Camp I sent one of the youth a note and enclosed a package of Green Apple Kool-Aid. This youth had quit drinking soda over the Summer and was drinking Kool-Aid instead. I mentioned to her that our family favorite is Green Apple.

Come to find out, the letter got shredded ..... why you ask? Apparently the US Postal Service takes no chances with unfamiliar white powder. Yes, I may now be on the list of potential terrorist for sending Kool-Aid through the mail. Guess I better arrive extra early next time I fly anywhere, could be trouble.

The letter arrived shredded in a plastic bag with Kool-Aid everywhere. The youth had to tape my letter together to read it. We all got a good laugh out of this little event.

Now there is funny, and there is FUNNY. All in the days work of the YIAT Coordinator.

Guess I have to be more careful .........

Be Blessed!

Lori



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home