Fisher Girl Productions

Sunday, August 28, 2005

A Life Well Lived

A family friend of ours died this past weekend, succumbing to cancer. We just returned home from stopping to visit at the family farm just a few miles away. In her last moments, she was surrounded by family and friends, coherent, talking, slipping from earthly conversations to heavenly ones. What a profound transition.

At the farm tonight, hands were busy serving food, giving hugs, passing around the plate of bars, grandkids tossing the ball around. The way it should be. Remembering a life well lived.

I am mindful tonight of the important things in life: my faith, my family, my friends. That the petty things in life are not important: money, material things, thoughts beyond my control.

JoAnn was a woman of excellence, humble, giving, & faithful. As I rest tonight, preparing for another day, it is comforting to think on a life lived to the fullest.

Resting in the arms of her Savior.

Live well, Laugh often, Love much.

Peace to you tonight~

Lori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home