Fisher Girl Productions

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Discipleship 101

It's been so long since I have posted, whew! I have been adjusting to being a Local Pastor and have been blessed by my new congregation. They are so Spirit-filled it makes me take a step back and say "Thanks God!".

I have four awesome youth in Confirmation class and we are just getting to know each other. I can already see little glimpses of God's grace at work in each of their lives. They are smiling more. Please God use me as your vessel to draw them closer to you.

They asked me about the fish I always draw and I told them Matthew 4:18-20 .... two girls looked it up .... "follow me and I will teach you how to fish for people". It really is quite simplistic if you think about it ... I mean really, discipleship is not rocket science. Then how come more people aren't falling in love with Jesus?

Tonight, I told them the "flock of geese story". Why geese fly in a V-shaped formation ... better wind volocity, they carry the flight together so as not to get as tired out ... hhhm? a little like the Body of Christ should be perhaps?

We made a poster of a flock of geese and signed our names to it, promising to help carry each other through this journey called Confirmation and hung it on the wall ... simplistic? Maybe ... but it worked for Jesus.

Nuff said ....

Blessings on your journey,

Lori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home