Fisher Girl Productions

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I'm Missing Her

I'm missing her.

She died when I was nine and don't remember alot, but I miss her. This past weekend as I sat with 13,000 other women and especially the women of my church emotions flooded me, and I wanted my Mom. She was the one who taught me about God. Her physical dissabilities limited her from doing many things with me ....... but what she did do, that had such a huge impact on my life, was read to me ..... mostly from the Bible. I remember one night, one of the few memories I have of her, she was sitting at the kitchen table and was praying outloud to God ... and she was praying a blessing for me!

I hadn't thought about it for a long time ... but the image is vivid today ... and I miss her.

She had a beautiful voice. I remember her singing. I didn't inherit that gift, so instead ... I write ........ different gifts, many blessings. She would have loved the Women of Faith Conference. I am so glad she instilled Jesus into my heart. I know it was important to her.

The ladies at church who knew her well have been such "joys" in my life ... always reminding me of how very much she loved me and how proud she would have been of me. They have stepped in and nurtured me along the way these Women of Faith and I am forever grateful.

But .... I miss her.

Sending a hug to heaven's courts. I love you Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home